Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Scenic Mountain RV Resort, Milledgeville, GA

Here's the deal. Next time I say I am staying at an RV "resort," somebody stop me. This may be the worst one. First, their website directions are wrong; they have you turning and driving into a decidedly bad area of the town. Luckily, the Scamp is so compact that I can pull into the smallest of parking lots to turn around. I stopped, locked my doors, and called them to find out where I was really supposed to turn. The female who answered sounded like a 6-year-old, and gave me directions as if I were a local and knew all the landmarks. When I finally arrived, I discovered that she had to be all of 15. Great. I was given a site in what was basically a grassy parking lot.



No picnic tables anywhere, and there was a very foul odor. I thought they might have a septic tank problem since it seemed to be emanating from that area of my site. However, it might be from some nearby paper mill. It was in the air the whole time I was there.

Although they make a point about their spacious sites on their web page, I was close enough to the RV next to me to hear their side of phone conversations, their own conversations, and their TV. If they hadn't had their blinds drawn, I could certainly have seen what they were having for dinner as well.

I can't possibly recommend this campground and will not be staying here again! But by this time in my trip I was eager to get home, so this was a pretty minor blip. I didn't bother unhooking the camper and was out of there the next morning and home by mid-afternoon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to live in Macon and drove through Milledgeville 2x/wk. I hated it and no you couldn't find anything in that town. Beautiful town, the college campus is nice, but driving is a pain.

Keith Johnson said...

Great shot the campground definitely doesn't appear appealing in the slightest way. I've never been before but this post just ensured that I probably won't over at Stoltzfus-Rec's blog they have some great campgrounds locations as well as RVs for Sale

Alicia Dallago said...

We are new owners. What the blogger said was true when we bought the park. Not any more. In the two years we have owned the Park It has changed. But don't take my word for it. Please read the new reviews in TripAdvisor, Google and Good Sam.
Alicia Dallago
Marketing Director